Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Natchez

Today was an adventure. It started great. I felt well rested and ready for a fun day.

We woke up, made instant grits for breakfast and basically chilled out in the shade. The girls made nature creatures with googly eyes, glue and random nature things they gathered. The creatures were adorable and they provided endless imaginary fun for Athena and Arianna. Rory and I took a nature walk to the lake while David washed the car and her sisters played. It was nice just to spend time talking and exploring with Aurora.

We were going to check out, leave and head to Memphis when we fell down the slippery slope. David's Android died, followed by the NEW starter in David's bus. We called AAA. The lady called a mechanic and a tow truck. When I expressed concern about transporting and putting up 5 people in an unknown town, the agent was extremely helpful. She connected me with a hotel close to the shop and called an Enterprise agent to come out and get us in the rental car. I have to say, breaking down in the middle of nowhere is stressful but we got a lot of southern hospitality today! AAA was wonderful, Enterprise was so incredibly helpful and the hotel even serves supper!!

David was totally stressing and kept changing his mind about how to deal with the situation. He doesn't trust mechanics here and wanted to drive it to a bigger city after jump-starting it. I am not sure how tomorrow will go but I guess that's part of the adventure. He and I don't agree on how to deal with the situation but it's not my bus. My main concern is the kids and I can say they are pretty happy now! The TV has not gone off since the moment we opened the door. I think they are definitely on vacation in this hotel room!

I drove my rental car to Walgreens and got us all a treat. I think this day ended well considering what all went wrong. I really want to discover Natchez tomorrow but I think David will want to get on the road to a trusted mechanic. We shall see. As long as I have this rental, I am down with driving. Tune in later to see where our adventure leads us...

No comments:

Post a Comment