Friday, June 14, 2013

Preparing for D-Day

Oh. My. God! I am so overwhelmed. There is so much to do to prepare for this trip. I have almost everything packed into categories. I figured, depending on whether we were camping, staying in a hotel, or roughing it in Billy's swanky Baltimore mansion, we could unload certain "containers" rather than sift through everything. It took a lot of planning and organizing, which I hope pays off in the end.

Until we loaded the car, my living room looked like a campsite explosion. On top of packing and planning, there's all the other things to prepare for: mail, pet and plant accommodations, organizing travel confirmations, the house...well, it's somewhat to my departure standards. I had it the way I wanted it earlier this week and figured I could maintain until D-Day. Then the kamikaze camp explosion happened and everything went south from there. Lucky for me, my kids are totally cool with being my slaves today as long as I give them little breaks to play Minecraft every so often. Minecraft is a game that's like virtual crack for kids, and I can get my babies to do just about anything for an hour and a half as long as I promise 30 minutes of play time.

The lawn looks like a jungle and I just don't have the energy in this heat to mow. This morning it started to rain and I thought, "Good, now it will cool off a little." Nope. It actually got worse. The heat index is in the triple digits today and it feels like a sauna out there, and not the relaxing kind, the kind that is turned up too high and you have to make a severe effort to breathe. My lawn may or may not be ready for the departure; thankfully, we don't have an HOA that cares about that kind of stuff.

We're all uber excited and ready for flight. I guess I should get offline and start slave-driving again so we'll be ready to fly in the morning. Over an out.


No comments:

Post a Comment