Wednesday, June 19, 2013

AURORA's Post

After what seemed like hours waiting to finally get to our destination we arrived. We checked in at the desk and drove down a gravel road to a field with tents dotting it. Close to a path was a spicket and a portable which I guessed to be the bathrooms, with small toilets that resembled those of an airplanes. We grabbed a spot that had lots of shade. This was about the only place with enough shade for a whole tent as big as ours is. After setting up the tent and unloading I quickly grabbed the bug spray. Darkness was closing in and the horse and yellow flies and mosquitos were not about to dine on me but as always the spray didn't help. We decided it would be best to take advantage of the showers they had at the camp, bringing in my toiletry bag I put on some rubber flip flops that my mom got for this purpose so we didn't have to stand barefooted in a public shower. After the refreshing shower we head back to camp. Settling into our sleeping bags I soon noticed i was laying on a root. ''Oh no,'' I thought, this is the worst thing that can happen to you while camping. I wriggled for a while the somehow got to sleep. The next morning i woke to someone's hot breath on my face. My little sister's body pressed against mine I opened my eyes. She then giggled a little and I talked and played with her then I guess we got too loud because someone from the other side of the tent yelled ''quiet down.'' That was my cue to get out. When I got dressed and we all woke up and told my dad happy fathers day we loaded up in the car and went to a nearby building that was serving breakfast. We got our tickets and grabbed a plate and sausage patties that were preheated and small pancakes that were the size of a child's palm that tasted like flour and were not at all sweet but breakfast will be breakfast. Then we decided to roam the park and do some activities since it was fathers day, my dad got first choice and not suprisingly he choose to go kayaking down a small little river. We rented two two seaters and one single seater and paddled down a stinky river that lead out into a vast lake that was connected to the campgrounds and dog park. I paddled through the lake watching the birds and the elderly racing thier little remote controlled sail boats glide across the water. Then a little one got tired of kayaking so we headed back down the same passageway. When we docked back up we walked off the dock and onto a grassy patch and went back to the parking lot to find and pick out our car, going back to the camp site. We debated whether to go rock climbing or to a water park we ate a lunch of sandwiches back at camp and finally all or almost all agreed that we should do the water park. That was not my choice but I saw no use arguing over their decision so I reluctantly went with it, fastening my swim suit andpulling up the bottoms. We piled up in the car and started for the park but they saw that if we waited thirty more minutes we could get in at a lower price. So we changed directions and went to the fishing docks. We saw fisher men and women young and old all fishing. I gazed at the murky water and the swampy seincery. It was burning so hot I thought I might crack into bits from the heat. All I could think about was the water park. We got to the car and drove to the water park. we caked on sun block and entered the water park. this was magnifisent, I thought it would be a pool with a few geysers but this was two tubing slides, a park, a lazy river and a slide. We were split up into groups my middle sister and I, my dad and youngest sister and then my mom. We ran, no, walked over to the slides and picked up a double tube and we both agreed to go down the open slide, as they called it, after climbing up the stairs. We sat in the pool and waited for the signial to go ''white slide, go'' we pushed off and speed down a number of turns and landed in a pool. We got out out and did that a few more times and then I decided I wanted to go on the tunnel slide and went in a single tube by myself. I landed in the pool and a lifegard helped me ashore. But then my sister wanted to go on the baby water park so I dragged myself over there and we played for a few minutes then I said I wanted to go to the lazy river. We both decided that we were not going to be lazy and instead speed down the track. Then we argued for a bit on were to go we settled with swim across the pool and go down a slide. But when we ran into my mom I gladly gave Athena away to my mom and sure enough all she really wanted to do was go and play in the pool and I found all I really wanted to do was to go down the slides over and over again, going down forwards, backwards closing my eyes and spinning. I had a blast but one time after an epic slide down my mom franticly asked me if Athena was up there. I assured her that no Athena was not up there and that she should look in the pool but once again when I came down she asked me were she was I told her that she was most likely to be in the pool and sure enough as soon as I said it her little head popped out of the water and I point the way. Meanwhile my dad and younger sister were coming down the slide. We sun screened up and went back for a couple more rounds and left. That night I made sure that I wouldn't sleep on the root and took a shower. I came back and went to sleep easier than the night before and woke up to another little body against mine I opened my eyes to see my sister there with that same little smirk. We played and sneaked a few animal cookies and then got out of the tent. My mom was sitting in a cloth fold up chair reading about the things we could do in Charleston. I sat the table and poured me a bowl of crispy rice and milk while my middle sister Athena picked at her cereal. She claims to not like stuff but you just saw her eating it the other day. She doesn't like cheese or sandwiches but she will eat a cheese burger, she says she hates pizza but goes for a second piece. After a long time of eating her cereal, she has finished and we drive to a historic place and go into the visitor center and pay and go through a museum that I supposed was maybe an introduction. We walk along a path and see animals that the people that had settled there would have seen and saw and old cemetery. The bison was my favorite. Afterwards we were told that there was a shuttle that would come by and give us a tour of it and back to the visitor center. We waited for about thirty minutes and some people came by and told us that the lady that was running the shuttle was on her lunch break. Now I was mad and hungry. We all agreed to go to a restaurant by the name of Harmony Grill. As we rode over to it, we passed by old looking houses and when I think of old buildings I think ugly but theses were beautiful  with rusted tin roofs and with ivy growing along it and flower gardens in the courtyards. It looked like a dream. After the car ride I was just about dead from starvation. I got out and looked up and saw a picture with a lady holding grits and it said. ''Grits are good for you, breakfast lunch dinner.'' Now I like grits but not that much and that good for you thing is a faulty statement because I am pretty sure that grits are not necessarily good for you but whatever. We ordered our food and ate I ordered she crab soup with grits and corn bread. i loved it it was really good after we stuffed ourselfs full we walked over to a station and rode a trolley  around downtown Charleston we saw old buildings, shops, and fountains. We then went to an military antiques and than went next door and went to Pablo's and got gelato I got a berry flavor if you go to Charleston you have to have to have  to go to Pablo's and get a gelato I highly recommend  it. After that we to camp and sleept. CRASH thunderstorm just as you dozed of CRASH we stayed awake for hours and i guess I...fell...asleep but the next morning we packed up and we were our way to our new adventure till next blogging.  BYE    

No comments:

Post a Comment